Jasmine Engineering in the Community
Since inception, Jasmine Engineering has been committed to and involved in the communities that we serve. Giving back is an important part of the way we do business. From civic engagement, to direct donation, mentorship, and fundraising Jasmine Engineering has a long history of community engagement.
Our founder Jasmine Azima has been the cornerstone of these initiatives. In recent years she has fund-raised over $48,000 for the children of a local School District, including direct contributions. Azima has also given thousands of dollars to other organizations benefiting the children of Edgewood, Kingsville ISD, North East ISD, Southwest Key Programs, Somerset ISD, Alamo Community Colleges, as well as Solar San Antonio.
Jasmine Engineering, established in December 1984, was one of the first woman engineering firms in Texas. Ms. Azima’s focus is to encourage young women to pursue a degree in engineering or the sciences. Over the years Jasmine has mentored many young men and women seeking a career in engineering. This one on one mentorship has helped many young people seek a degree in engineering, and has given them their first look into the profession.
In addition to her dedication to Jasmine Engineering, Inc., Ms. Azima is a community leader with strong involvement in civic organizations such as the San Antonio Downtown Rotary Club, the University Texas at Austin Engineering Foundation Advisory Board, and the Solar San Antonio Board. In the past she has served on the Board of Directors for the San Antonio Housing Trust and the San Antonio Library Foundation. Ms. Azima’s commitment to civic engagement is exemplary and she serves as an outstanding role model for women in business.
Jasmine Engineering has handle over 700 projects for our clients valued at 15 billion dollars in consolidated construction cost.
REGISTRATIONS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Registered Professional Engineer, State of Texas, #61490
- Certified Commissioning Agent (CXA), Certificate # 0213-1160 AABC
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) (Present)
- University of Texas at Austin Engineering Foundation Advisory Board, 1990-Present
- Solar San Antonio Board, 2007- Present
- San Antonio Downtown Rotary Club, 1990 to Present
- Austin Community College Education Advisory Committee, 2005-2009
- San Antonio Opera Board, 2007-2009
- Trinity University Department of Engineering Sciences Advisory Board, 1988-2003
- San Antonio Library Foundation (Board & Fundraising), 1988-2003
- Texas Leadership, 1999-2000
- !ARTS! San Antonio, 1998-2000
- San Antonio Housing Trust, Board of Directors, 1991-1993
- Entrepreneur of the Year, San Antonio and South Texas, Construction, 1990
- The Employment Network, Board of Directors, 1987-1990 (Formerly, Woman’s Employment Network)
- Real Estate Council of San Antonio (Board), 1990
- Steering Committee for Leadership San Antonio, 1988‑1989
- Leadership San Antonio, 1987‑1988
- Finalist Small Business Leader, 1988
- Young Outstanding Women of America, 1987
- American Heart Association (Volunteer Fundraising)
- Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center (Volunteer Fundraising)
- Citizens for the Dome
- Young Leaders for Lila, Vice-Chairman
- Young Entrepreneur Organization