The United States Green Building Council established Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED), where Council members are able to work together to develop industry standards, practices, guidelines, and policies for sustainable building.
Green building practices substantially reduce the negative environmental impacts of the built environment. Worker productivity and human health and comfort are greatly improved. The USGBC requires Fundamental Commissioning for all projects seeking LEED certification, and awards incentive points for projects that incorporate Enhanced Commissioning techniques.
Jasmine Commissioning Authorities report directly to the owner and demonstrate results, findings, and recommendations in an unbiased manner. Jasmine works directly with the Design team and the Construction Contractor to:
- Develop and incorporate Commissioning requirements into the construction documents.
- Develop and implement a Commissioning Plan.
- Perform thorough reviews as the design is developed.
- Review the material and equipment submittals for conformance to the Owners requirements.
- Verify the installation and performance of the systems to be commissioned.
- As your Commissioning Authority, we will coordinate an effective and useful systems manual for future operation, maintenance, and energy efficiency.
- Verify and lead the efforts to ensure that the user is properly trained in system operation.
- Take leadership on the resolution of outstanding issues prior to the Owner taking responsibility for warranties.
- Report to the Owner on the Commissioning of their project.
LEED Commissioning includes all aspects of:
- Heating systems
- Ventilation systems
- Air conditioning systems
- Refrigeration systems
- Lighting controls
- Day-lighting controls
- Hot water systems
- Renewable energy systems such as wind or solar power